Green Air, Inc. is seeking a qualified Commercial Mechanical Project Manager to add to its growing team. This position is a long-term, full-time employment opportunity for the right, qualified candidate.
The Project Manager will provide overall administrative and technical management on commercial mechanical projects, establish project objectives, maintain liaison with prime client contacts, and monitor construction and financial activities through administrative direction of on-site construction staff.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage total project to ensure the project is constructed in accordance with design, budget, and schedule.
- Communicate with trade superintendents/foremen to discuss matters such as work procedures, complaints, construction problems, and ensure adequate supervision of the project.
- Procure, manage, and schedule material/equipment deliveries to assure timely arrival to the job site for installation by field staff.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship with field trade personnel, construction managers, general contractors, and sub-contractors.
- Investigate potentially serious situations and implement corrective measures.
- Work with the President of Construction and the Contract Administrator to manage all contractual obligations of the company to protect company’s interest while simultaneously maintain good relationships with the customer.
- Prepare/monitor reports concerning areas such as work progress, costs, and scheduling.
- Oversee and assure safety compliance on all projects.
- Ensure accurate invoicing and monitor receivables for all supervised projects.
- Address elevated billing issues when they arise.
- Handle change orders to include monitoring pending change orders to assure the company is being compensated for additional work in a reasonable time frame.
- Effectively communicate to management and make presentations as to how the project is developing.
- Attend weekly PM meetings.
Qualification Requirements: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability to perform this job successfully.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in the commercial mechanical construction industry, two being at a management level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Expert level of verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to speak clearly and persuasively.
- Demonstrate group presentation, phone, email and communication skills.
- Ability to use significant independent judgment.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret drawings.
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook skills.
- Proficiency in organizational, supervisory, and decision-making/problem-solving skills.
- Excellent mathematical skills, including application and use in problem-solving.
- Thorough understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards and their impact on project activities.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
Job Type: Full-time