Local HVAC company is seeking an accounting and finance leader for a fast, growing, multi-entity company. This position will be responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting, developing and maintaining accounting principles, practice and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements. This role is responsible for managing and developing the accounting team. This position addresses tight deadlines and accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, audit preparation and support of budget and forecast activities.
- Provide leadership in the development of short and long-term financial objectives.
- Provide executive management with advice on the financial implications of business activities.
- Manage processes for financial forecasting, budgets, and consolidation and reporting to the company.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure compliance with GAAP and applicable federal, state, and local regulator laws and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Prepare monthly closings and financial statements for multiple entities.
- Oversee risk management for all required insurance coverage.
- Support President & Vice President with special projects and workflow process improvements.
- Reconcile financial accounts.
- Perform journal entries.
- Conduct tax preparation and tax analysis.
- File quarterly tax liability and manage reports.
- Disburse monthly vendor payments.
- Perform bank and account reconciliation.
- Manage fixed assets.
- BA/BS in Business with an emphasis in Accounting, Finance, or related field
- CPA certification or CPA license preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory, and customer service skills required
- Ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Solid Microsoft Excel skills
- Good attendance is required
- Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate software experience is a plus
- Medical and dental insurance
- Opportunities for career growth, training, and development
- Paid time off
- Paid Holidays
Annual salary: $60,000-$70,000