The Commercial Estimator will be responsible for budgeting construction projects and bidding to prospective clients. The Estimator will be expected to visit job sites and/or review plans in order to price a job correctly. In effort to maximize success, it is important for the commercial estimator to maintain accuracy and timeliness of bids.
· Obtain and track project related information from potential customers by office and field and site visits, fielding telephone inquiries, email inquiries, and bid notifications.
· Prepare project labor, material and time cost estimate by gathering proposals, blueprints, specifications and related documents using industry software and project drawings.
· Submit accurate, competitive, and profitable bids in a timely manner.
· Design HVAC systems for prospective clients.
· Obtain pricing for equipment and estimate labor costs for small projects and replacements.
· Build rapport and positive working relationships with customers, office staff, field personnel and management.
· Schedule meetings with clients pertaining to current and future jobs.
· Gather feedback and maintain accurate records on both rejected and awarded bids.
· Network and retain relationships with customers.
· Four (4) year college degree in engineering, construction management, or related field
· Strong time management, prioritization, and organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal skills
· Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
· Valid driver’s license
· Background and drug screens are a requirement of this position
· Health and dental insurance
· Opportunities for career growth, training and development
· Paid time off
· Paid holidays
· Paid training and opportunity for career growth